May 5, 2020
The first episode covers the ways coronavirus has changed how we all work – from staggered shift starts to cleaning down equipment to ditching carpooling – but some proposed solutions like 21/7 rosters have been shown the door.
- National President Tony Maher discusses FIFO’s ‘Black Swan’ event,
- Queensland District President Stephen Smyth calls out ‘hot seat changing’ & ‘hot bedding’,
- FIFO Pilbara locomotive driver Paul Bloxsom opens up about the pain of leaving his family for 3 months,
- Industry Health & Safety Inspector Stephen Luck talks about the reality of doing night shift and coming home to a house full of self-isolating family,
- National Research Director Peter Colley analyses the falling coal price and stable employment numbers
- Hunter Valley shotfirer Kerry Konieczny explains how she got decent breastfeeding facilities for working mums at her pit.