Common Cause is our round up of news and industry information sent specifically to Mining and Energy Union (MEU) members. Common Cause has a long history as your comprehensive source for all mining and energy news. Stay up to date with our wins, the latest industrial disputes, workplace issues and industry trends. Common Cause keeps you up to date and informed, making sure you never miss a beat. Keep your email details up to date with your District, to receive Common Cause in your inbox each month. Or download the print edition for the crib room.
- Same Job Same Pay laws hit ParliamentSame Job Same Pay laws for labour hire workers are set to be introduced to Federal Parliament on Monday afternoon, 4 September. In the meantime, … Read more
- Hydrogen industry can create jobs in coal communitiesOur submission to the Australian Government’s Review of the National Hydrogen Strategy has laid out evidence that real jobs that can be generated in coal … Read more
- BHP drops flawed OS Maintenance AgreementBHP has withdrawn its application to the Fair Work Commission for approval of an Enterprise Agreement covering maintenance workers employed by its in-house labour hire … Read more
- Bellbird Tragedy was the birth of Mines Rescue On 1 September 1923 a fire and explosions at Bellbird Colliery in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales caused the deaths of 21 underground … Read more
- What is a checkie?Industry Health & Safety Representatives – known as ‘check inspectors’ – play a unique role in the sector. Some say they have the most important … Read more