Common Cause is our round up of news and industry information sent specifically to Mining and Energy Union (MEU) members. Common Cause has a long history as your comprehensive source for all mining and energy news. Stay up to date with our wins, the latest industrial disputes, workplace issues and industry trends. Common Cause keeps you up to date and informed, making sure you never miss a beat. Keep your email details up to date with your District, to receive Common Cause in your inbox each month. Or download the print edition for the crib room.
- 2023: Year in Review2023 was a massive year for mining and energy workers, with key wins set to shape the future of our industry. The MEU secured many… Read more: 2023: Year in Review
- WA Iron Ore Train Drivers play the long game on conditionsIn December last year, Iron Ore drivers rejected BHP’s offer, despite the Company offering a $40,000 retention bonus just weeks before Christmas in hopes of… Read more: WA Iron Ore Train Drivers play the long game on conditions
- Enterprise bargaining: a quick guideEnterprise bargaining can be a confusing and daunting process. If you’ve never been involved before, heres a quick intro to what it’s all about.
- Meet our new Queensland District PresidentMining and Energy Union Queensland Senior Vice-President Mitch Hughes has been elected to the role of District President. This follows a vacancy after former Queensland… Read more: Meet our new Queensland District President
- WA Premier misses opportunity to secure Collie’s futureAn historic coal mining community in Western Australia faces an uncertain future, as the state government announced no long-term plans to manage critical energy assets… Read more: WA Premier misses opportunity to secure Collie’s future